Targeted Promotional Campaigns not only create better connections, they can even help redefine a brand or open up new markets. Research conducted by APPA shows that the current generation of consumers appreciates promotional products more than any generation before. This is because they offer a tangible value-add to their purchasing experience. A message passes from the brand to the consumer that says: “We are rewarding your brand loyalty. Thank you!”
Recent research supports this:
- 75 percent of human resource managers surveyed are using promotional products in recognition programmes
- 72 percent of marketing and HR managers say promotional products are very effective in motivation and retention of staff
- 100 percent of advertisers said adding a promotional product returned a favourable response to their campaign
- 69 percent of advertisers said promotional products increased brand interest
- 84 percent of advertisers said promotional products created more favourable impressions
A critical part of making an advertising campaign is determining a campaign theme as it sets the tone for the individual advertisements and other forms of marketing communications that will be used. The campaign theme is the central message that will be communicated in the promotional activities. The campaign themes are usually developed with the intention of being used for a substantial period but many of them are short-lived due to factors such as being ineffective or market conditions and / or competition in the marketplace and marketing mix.Targeted Advertising Campaigns are developed to achieve a particular goal or a set of goals. Such goals typically include establishing a brand, raising brand awareness, increasing the rate of conversions/sales. The degree of success or failure at reaching these goals is measured with analytic tools.